The art of writing great and memorable taglines seems to have disappeared. A great tagline should tell a story about the brand, and more importantly, help the consumer recall the brand instantly, without the brand name ever being mentioned. They simply don't make tag lines like they used to.
How many of these do you remember? Can you name the brands to which they are associated?
1. From the valley of the jolly, Ho, Ho, Ho... ________ _________
2. Tell 'em, Charlie sent you.
3. The San Francisco treat.
4. They're magically delicious.
5. The Uncola
6. Finger-lickin' good.
7. Does she, or doesn't she.
8. Ring around the collar.
9. Good to the last drop.
10. You're in good hands, with ___________.
Answers are on the bottom of this post.
(1. Green Giant Vegetables. 2. StarKist Tuna 3. Rice-a-Roni 4. Lucky Charms 5. 7-Up 6. Kentucky Fried Chicken 7. Clairol Hair Color 8. Wisk Detergent 9. Maxwell House Coffee 10. Allstate Insurance)